Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Change context before navigation
Change context before navigation [message #1805953] Mon, 29 April 2019 10:55 Go to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Hi,

Within a double click, if I change the context before navigation I get a dialog box asking me for the name of the new diagram but no diagram is actually created. Is this sequence of operations not supported?

My goal is such that when I double click on an instance of a type, I will navigate to the type's definition. The instance has a reference to the type definition.

My configuration looks something like the following:

DoubleClick (mapping: InstanceNode)
» Change Context (expression: aql:self.type)
»» Navigation (diagram: TypeDiagram, create if not existent: yes)

And the model looks like this:

Root
» Type A
» Type B
» Type C
» Component (This is the root node of the diagram.)
»» Instance a (contains a reference to Type A above)

Could it be because it is a reference? Or is it because the referenced node is not within the diagram's root node?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
Adriano Carvalho
Re: Change context before navigation [message #1805986 is a reply to message #1805953] Tue, 30 April 2019 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi,

Do you have something logged in the error log ?

Could you also check that the eClass of the "Type A" element is compatible with the domain class attribute of the DiagramDescription which is targeted by your Navigation operation in your double clic tool ? (This should have been detected by the validation of the VSM)

This might explain the fact that your tool is not working.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Change context before navigation [message #1806013 is a reply to message #1805986] Tue, 30 April 2019 13:25 Go to previous message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Hi,

Thank you Maxime.

I was able to find and fix the problem(s).

First, the project was not set up correctly (there was only a *.odesign file). I created a new Viewpoint Specification Model project and replaced the new/empty *.odesign file with the old one.

(I realize this by validating the *.odesign, which I previously didn't know was possible, and checking the error/problem messages.)

Second, a dependency to the metamodel was missing; thus, I added the missing dependency.

(I realized this in the same way as above.)

Third, the change context expression should be: aql:element.type (and not aql:self.type).

(I realized this because every time I double clicked an error/problem was reported.)

Thank you very much for the support and congratulations for this excellent piece of software and thank you for sharing. Keep up the excellent work.

Best regards.
Adriano Carvalho
Previous Topic:Style customization not working
Next Topic:Error saving diagram (error detecting the change *)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:04:15 GMT 2024