Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Creating Data Set sort Available Fields box(Need help for possibly sorting Available fields.)
Creating Data Set sort Available Fields box [message #1805666] Fri, 19 April 2019 20:56 Go to next message
Dustin Smith is currently offline Dustin SmithFriend
Good Afternoon All,

I am testing out BIRT for BMC Remedy AR System and was creating Data Sets to begin moving our reports over. I use the BMC Remedy Data Source which lets me select a Form and then add fields from that form. The box for Available Fields is showing three columns, Name, ID, and Data Type. The listing is sorted by ID, which does not help at all when trying to find a field among hundreds. I have yet to find any way to reorder the list by Name so that I can efficiently add only the fields I need. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have attached an image of the screen that I am looking at for this problem.
Re: Creating Data Set sort Available Fields box [message #1833587 is a reply to message #1805666] Mon, 19 October 2020 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nikolai Elders is currently offline Nikolai EldersFriend
Hi Dustin,

Did you get any answer on this one? I'm looking for the same answer, but can't be seemed to find anything online about it. Let me know.

Best,

Nikolai
Re: Creating Data Set sort Available Fields box [message #1833604 is a reply to message #1833587] Mon, 19 October 2020 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dustin Smith is currently offline Dustin SmithFriend
Good Morning Nikolai,

Unfortunately sorting by anything besides ID seems impossible. I just start typing the word I want, to find what I need to add. It is annoying, but looks like the only option. If you figure anything else out, definitely let me know.

-Dustin
Re: Creating Data Set sort Available Fields box [message #1833644 is a reply to message #1833604] Tue, 20 October 2020 10:21 Go to previous message
Nikolai Elders is currently offline Nikolai EldersFriend
Thank you for your reply! I'll definitely let you know if I find out.
Previous Topic:Custom data source
Next Topic:X-Axis Interactivity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:45:36 GMT 2024