Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Gcov Editor and CMAKE Project ...
Gcov Editor and CMAKE Project ... [message #1805498] Tue, 16 April 2019 11:14 Go to next message
Nikals Röber is currently offline Nikals RöberFriend
Dear All,
I am developing a plugin for a large C++ project (paraview), and would like to use the gcov editor for one very large C file. The project is compiled and build with gcc, and I already have coverage data. I struggle with opening and using those. I've seen the tutorials on using this editor and gcov output for C++ projects, but my build directory is, because I am building with cmake, is not the same as the source directory. So I copied the binary output and the coverage data into the source directory, and I see the coverage data present in the project. Yet when I want to use it in the gcov view or gcov editor, I get an error message:
"java.lang.NullPointerException"
Any idea how I could make this work? Or how to setup eclipse with a cmake project? That would be terrific!
Thanks a lot and Cheers,
Niklas
Re: Gcov Editor and CMAKE Project ... [message #1805589 is a reply to message #1805498] Thu, 18 April 2019 08:46 Go to previous message
Nikals Röber is currently offline Nikals RöberFriend
How can one profile a plugin? I can run and profile the main application, but apparently not the plugins that are loaded by the main application. The plugin is available as shared lib (.so). If it does not work in Eclipse, does anybody know another coverage editor for C++ code? Preferably Linux, but I also take Windows ...
Thanks and Cheers,
Niklas
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4.10 stops external application started from makefile
Next Topic:"Convert to a C/C++ project" missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:53:46 GMT 2024