Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse does not work please help asap(Eclipse does indeed open etc. but it cannot run or debug scripts.)
Eclipse does not work please help asap [message #1805426] Mon, 15 April 2019 08:58 Go to next message
John Shin is currently offline John ShinFriend
This is the error message i receive:

Error starting process.
Cannot run program "C:\Users\johns\eclipse-workspace\Hello World\.cproject": Launching failed
Cannot run program "C:\Users\johns\eclipse-workspace\Hello World\.cproject": Launching failed

i've tried to do everything i can to fix this issue but to no success. One thing that is strange tho is the fact that in the Configuration for Run menu the C/C++ Application is empty (and I did fill this part out with a random file), when it was empty it responded with a different error when i fileld it in with a random file in my files it responded with the error above. Any ideas on what to fill the space with?
Re: Eclipse does not work please help asap [message #1805445 is a reply to message #1805426] Mon, 15 April 2019 11:43 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
There's just not enough information to have any idea of the state of your project, presumably a C/C++ project.

You'd be best to ask about C/C++ issues on the CDT forum:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.tools.cdt

Normally the launcher for a C/C++ application should point at *.exe file that you've built in that project but in any case must refer to a *.exe file.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Brand new to Eclipse using Java. HelloWorld spawns immediate error.
Next Topic:Trouble launching Eclipse Help System from program files dir
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:28:06 GMT 2024