Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Diagram sirius and progress bar
Diagram sirius and progress bar [message #1804550] Thu, 28 March 2019 16:19 Go to next message
labine labine is currently offline labine labineFriend
Hi,

My application use Sirius 6.1.1

I have implemented a tool action whose loaded data to display in a sequence diagram.

When my sequence diagram draw the loaded data, there is a long waiting time.

Is it possible to configure a Progress bar ?
I see the DiagramCommandStack called by CreationTool uses the "execute" method with progress monitor is null. But i haven't find a way to extend this one.
 /**
     * Executes the given Command if it can execute.
     * @param command
     *            The Command to execute.
     */
    public void execute(Command command) {
// progress monitor is null
        execute(command, null);
    }

Thank's

Re: Diagram sirius and progress bar [message #1804598 is a reply to message #1804550] Fri, 29 March 2019 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Labine,

It seems that a good way would be to change the PaletteManagerImpl which is created in the DDiagramEditorImpl.hookGraphicalViewer(), but then this would require to try to override/replace the declaration of the diagram editor provided by Sirius. I suggest you to create a bug (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius) to expose the issue, a solution might be to open some way to configure the tools creation more easily or to use a progress monitor directly form Sirius.

On the other hand, you should try to declare and use your own progress monitor from your tool implementation, I suppose you use a java service to load your data, this would allow you to explicitly choose your progress steps and labels. You might try to encapsulate the long time operation in a org.eclipse.jface.operation.IRunnableWithProgress and pass it to a org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog which will run it in your java service.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Diagram sirius and progress bar [message #1804602 is a reply to message #1804598] Fri, 29 March 2019 09:09 Go to previous message
labine labine is currently offline labine labineFriend
Thank you Maxime.

I have created the Bug 545917 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=545917) issue.

For the other hand, i have create my own progress monitor for following my resources loading. But it's seems the timing problem doesn't concern the resource loading, but the DiagramElements drawing. And i can't connect my own progress monitor with this sirius implementation.

Regards

Previous Topic:Filter EObject-Tree shown in aird Editor
Next Topic:How to view design of JSP In eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:08:37 GMT 2024