Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Eclipse blocking IE's [Open] [Save] [Cancel] Popup(Eclipse blocking IE's [Open] [Save] [Cancel] Popup)
Eclipse blocking IE's [Open] [Save] [Cancel] Popup [message #1804272] Thu, 21 March 2019 16:44 Go to next message
Christopher Beaton is currently offline Christopher BeatonFriend
I am fairly new to Eclipse and Java (over 1 year experience). For my company, I am automating a web site, and we support both IE and Chrome. This scenario works fine in Chrome, but I am stuck on a problem when running it in Eclipse/Java, and Internet Explorer 11 (it works fine when I log in and run manually!). On a certain page, there is an icon to "Export to Excel" (and another icon directly left, to "Export to PDF"). When I run stand-alone, it correctly creates a small CSV file, and IE displays that orange-colored strip/stripe popup near the bottom of the page, with the message "Do you want to Open or Save [filename.csv]?" followed by the [Open] [Save] [Cancel] buttons. But when I run in automation (Eclipse), I do not get that popup, instead, it opens another application's page and displays an irrelevant error message. In Chrome, this scenario works perfectly inside Eclipse and creates that tab in the lower left-hand corner of the page. I have tried various combinations of IE settings (popup blocker, etc.) but I have not yet tried in IE 10 or 9. Any ideas to make this work in Eclipse would be greatly appreciated!
Re: Eclipse blocking IE's [Open] [Save] [Cancel] Popup [message #1804284 is a reply to message #1804272] Thu, 21 March 2019 18:13 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
This message has some pointers:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1093905&goto=1792051&#msg_1792051
Previous Topic:Prevent job from any output in progress view
Next Topic:[RESOLVED] Core expression checking for project natures not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:33:49 GMT 2024