Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Google Play (Libpng Vulnerability) HELP + REWARD(Google Play Rejected my APK )
Google Play (Libpng Vulnerability) HELP + REWARD [message #1803879] Wed, 13 March 2019 04:13
Eric Davis is currently offline Eric DavisFriend
Hi guys! I work on a Windows 7 64-bit PC. I created a simple app for Android using eclipse using an existing project called 'Gamekit' = (Blender + Ogre). The APK was created correctly and works great when I run it on my smartphone and many others. I upload to google play I get the vulnerability warning Libpn:

"This information is intended for application developers using any version of the libpng library, which contains a security vulnerability
disclosed in CVE-2015-8540. Applications with vulnerabilities like this may expose users to compromise risks and may be considered a violation of our malicious behavior policy.

Migrate your application (s) to libpng v1.0.66, v.1.2.56, v.1.4.19, v1.5.26 or higher as soon as possible and increment the updated APK version number "

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me, I am desperate, I have been looking for more months and I have not been able to solve this problem, I am already very frustrated and discouraged by it. I wanted the help of anyone who could recompile for me this project so that the file referring to the 'vulnerable lpng' library is updated to the requested versions. I believe the problem is in the existing file "libogrekit.so" in the "(libs / armeabi-v7a)" folder, but I lack the knowledge to solve this unfortunately. If you can not recompile for me could you tell me the steps so I can generate a new .so file so that it is upgraded to a non-vulnerable version of libpng? I have already tried to recompile as follows:

(1 - Add folder jni / libs /

2 - Use "Right-click mouse" -> Android Tools -> Add native support -> Set name of file * .so

3 - Two files: * .cpp and Android.mk appeared.

4 - Use NDK to build & compile * .so into the project.) But when it finishes compiling it generates the file libogrekit.so with a very small size, only 5kb and the file that already existed had almost 8mb ...

I'm sending the attached project. Note: (This is not my project, it's an existing free sample project that I use to make mine, but it works the same way for me)

My email: ericdavis55@outlook.com

Once again thank you very much to whom you can give me this great help, I will get your contact (email) and when the applications receive profits I will send a thank you in money (I swear!), I will be very grateful in that way, will be much deserved by your big help! See you!

Previous Topic:Application deployment
Next Topic:Eclipse won´t compile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:39:38 GMT 2024