Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable(Unable to customize palette by creating new one local)
Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable [message #1803810] Mon, 11 March 2019 11:16 Go to next message
Emilio Dolce is currently offline Emilio DolceFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to migrate my project on last oxygen papyrus version.
Ok for css customization and metamodel profile, ence ok also for custom edit forms (see attachment).
I have only problem by porting my old palette configuration based on xml to the new one.
I see a lot of tutorial indicating to use the customize palette but it is non available in my case (see attachments).
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Emilio Dolce
  • Attachment: Cattura1.PNG
    (Size: 82.35KB, Downloaded 75 times)
  • Attachment: Cattura2.PNG
    (Size: 28.45KB, Downloaded 64 times)
Re: Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable [message #1804097 is a reply to message #1803810] Mon, 18 March 2019 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Dear Emilio,

XML palettes are no longer available, you need to pass by element type definitions. There is an unmerged gerrit patch for bug 521454 (The migration from XML to element-type based palettes should be eased with tooling). However, the tooling in the patch requires that semantic element types already exists.

Hope that helps

Ansgar
Re: Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable [message #1804337 is a reply to message #1804097] Fri, 22 March 2019 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicholas Pacini is currently offline Nicholas PaciniFriend
Hi Ansgar,

I am very interested in this patch and I have downloaded it from https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/103753/

However, when I imported the relevant (i think) plugin into my workspace (org.eclipse.papyrus.dev.types), I have noticed that it seems corrupt (see attached screenshot). I've tried downloading the patches in different archive formats, but they all have the same issue.

I would like to know how to proceed in order to try this new feature. Has anyone else tried it yet?

Best Regards,
Nicholas
Re: Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable [message #1804383 is a reply to message #1804337] Mon, 25 March 2019 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have this issue. It seems that you are using an OS that limits the path length.
Anyway, I rebased the patch, so that it is in sync with the current papyrus version.
Re: Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable [message #1804458 is a reply to message #1804383] Tue, 26 March 2019 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ansgar,

Yes you're right, I've tried on a Linux host without issues (previously I used a Windows 10 host)

Could you please provide some minimal steps to test this functionality starting from a Papyrus UML profile and "old" xml palette definitions?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Nicholas

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2019 11:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable [message #1804610 is a reply to message #1804458] Fri, 29 March 2019 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

the first step is to assure that you have semantic element type definitions for your stereotypes. You can generate these from the profile with tooling from Papyrus ToolSmith. Open your profile, then choose "generate tooling model" -> "element types."
There is documentation for a similar task here.

You should then make sure that these element types are registered in a plugin as shown below. Make sure that you have the source of the patched plugin in your workspace. Then you can start a 2nd eclipse instance and invoke the migration tool on a palette xml file. It will create a palette definition file as well as required graphical element type definitions.
You need to reference your palette definition from an architecture definition file - see also This thread

<extension
         point="org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core.elementTypeSetConfiguration">
      <elementTypeSet
            clientContextID="<context id, as referenced from a .architecture file>"
            path="<path to the generated element types files">
      </elementTypeSet>
   </extension>

Re: Papyrus Oxygen new local palette unavailable [message #1805307 is a reply to message #1804610] Thu, 11 April 2019 12:59 Go to previous message
Hi Ansgar,

thanks for the reply, I managed to do a quick test with your patch:

The generation of the palette definition from the old xml format works.
Some stereotypes of the new palette don't work out of the box, but I guess that with some tweaking they will.

Thanks for sharing your patch, it could really save a lot of time even if it requires some manual editing.

Best Regards,
Nicholas
Previous Topic:Generating ArrayList, Getters, Setters and public constructors in Java
Next Topic:Sequence Diagrams in Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:28:33 GMT 2024