Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Deriving new project from old projects?
Deriving new project from old projects? [message #1802732] Thu, 14 February 2019 18:09
Daniel Nilsson is currently offline Daniel NilssonFriend
Hi,

I typically handle a number of different FW development projects where new projects are often based on existing. For years I've done this by deriving new projects from old ones, normally by editing the .project and .cproject files directly and only updating the projects name. This has worked well, but recently I opted to try a new plugin (cmake4eclipse) where this method no longer works. Issues that comes up when using this method in combination with cmake4eclipse is that indexer data from one project shows up in another project and project settings does the same (very confusing...).

When reporting this as a plugin issue [1] the plugin author alerted me that CDT projects can't be copied like this since the configuration IDs (id="cdt.managedbuild.config.gnu.exe.debug.1561993274") are now not unique within the workspace. Fair enough I thought, but I fail to find information about the proper method to derive new projects based on existing ones while at the same time not causing this type of conflicts. Copy-n-paste in the workspace project explorer seems to do more or less the same as my manual method, config IDs don't seem to get updated using this method either.

So, is there a method to do this properly without trying to create new random IDs in the .cproject and other project files by hand? Are these random IDs really required to be unique within a workspace?

1: https://github.com/15knots/cmake4eclipse/issues/107
Previous Topic:Eclipse version for android development
Next Topic:Luận văn quản trị buôn bán các nguyên tố ảnh hưởng hiệu quả dùng vốn (Phầ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:58:40 GMT 2024