Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Showing just one edge out of many edges(Showing just one edge out of many edges)
Showing just one edge out of many edges [message #1802606] Tue, 12 February 2019 17:14 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Hello,
I am writing a traceability tool where cells in a table are derived from cells in other tables.
I can show all the traceability with edges in Sirius, but the diagram becomes very messy when I show ALL the edges , as shown in the attached image [showOneEdge.png]
I would like to show just the edges for a single selected table cell (like the one I have highlighted in blue in the image) Is there a way to do this?
I considered that one solution may be to show all the edges and then make a mapping filter with View Condition Expression that hides all edges not connected to the selected cell, is it possible to do this?
Re: Showing just one edge out of many edges [message #1802608 is a reply to message #1802606] Tue, 12 February 2019 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I need to use the 'candidate mappings' for a DNode?
Re: Showing just one edge out of many edges [message #1802647 is a reply to message #1802606] Wed, 13 February 2019 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Neil Mackenzie wrote on Tue, 12 February 2019 18:14

I considered that one solution may be to show all the edges and then make a mapping filter with View Condition Expression that hides all edges not connected to the selected cell, is it possible to do this?

It's not possible directly because in the expressions defining the mapping or filters you do not have access to the selection (and even if they had, they would not be refreshed/recomputed on every selection change). However you can probably create a custom action (using the standard Eclipse mechanisms) that could be invoked on a cell, which would programmatically hide all the irrelevant edges on the diagram by invoking org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.tools.api.command.view.HideDDiagramElement.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Showing just one edge out of many edges [message #1802649 is a reply to message #1802647] Wed, 13 February 2019 09:45 Go to previous message
Thanks for the speedy response. That is very useful.
Previous Topic:Problem with converting to maven project
Next Topic:Sirius table to excel tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:55:22 GMT 2024