Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse USS SDK » USS usability(USS usability)
USS usability [message #1801863] Mon, 28 January 2019 15:24 Go to next message
Dmitry Zagrebaev is currently offline Dmitry ZagrebaevFriend
Please explain a few questions

1. Why USS does not synchronize settings when starting IDE?

2. Why does USS synchronize settings only after clicking Window -> Preferences -> Oomph -> Setup Tasks -> Preference Synchronizer -> Synchronize Now ... ?

3. Please describe how you see the working scenario of using USS by Eclipse user. Because we are testing USS client usage and dont understand how to use it correctly. We expect that user settings will be synchronized when you start the Eclipse IDE, when you press the Help -> Perform Setup Tasks key. But synchronization does not occur during the above described actions.

4. Why USS does not synchronize settings if there is an active Oomph task in the lower right corner of the screen?
Re: USS usability [message #1801927 is a reply to message #1801863] Tue, 29 January 2019 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EclipseWeb Web is currently offline EclipseWeb WebFriend
Hi Dmitry,

I will do my best to answer some of your questions. I am responsible for the API server which is used by USS SDK but I did not write any code for the Oomph/USS SDK in the ECLIPSE IDE.

Quote:

Please explain a few questions

1. Why USS does not synchronize settings when starting IDE?

Preference synchronizing must be allowed by the user and they must opt-in. We don't store preference without authorization by the user.

At the very least, our API will not accept any preferences without an access token with the required scope which is only given if the user granted access to Oomph to do so.

Quote:

2. Why does USS synchronize settings only after clicking Window -> Preferences -> Oomph -> Setup Tasks -> Preference Synchronizer -> Synchronize Now ... ?

3. Please describe how you see the working scenario of using USS by Eclipse user. Because we are testing USS client usage and dont understand how to use it correctly. We expect that user settings will be synchronized when you start the Eclipse IDE, when you press the Help -> Perform Setup Tasks key. But synchronization does not occur during the above described actions.

4. Why USS does not synchronize settings if there is an active Oomph task in the lower right corner of the screen?

Oomph must be enabled first to synchronize preferences. I would recommend asking this questions in the Oomph forum to additional information: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/287/
Re: USS usability [message #1801929 is a reply to message #1801927] Tue, 29 January 2019 15:12 Go to previous message
Dmitry Zagrebaev is currently offline Dmitry ZagrebaevFriend
Thank you very much!

Why USS server code is not open source?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:29:56 GMT 2024