Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Create new database connection type(Create a SQLite database service)
Create new database connection type [message #1801605] Wed, 23 January 2019 11:56 Go to next message
Pedro de Arquer is currently offline Pedro de ArquerFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to create a new database service to work with it in a way similar to the H2DbService implemented by default. The database I intend to connect is SQLite. I am currently developing it over the org.eclipse.kura.api -> org.eclipse.kura.db.BaseDbService but it is marked as @noimplement. Which interface should I implement? Which would be the best way to integrate the new connection with Kura? Or should I provide an isolated solution?

The advantage I pretend to get is making both H2DbService and SqliteDbService as interchangeable as possible for a third party component.

Kind regards,

Pedro
Re: Create new database connection type [message #1801718 is a reply to message #1801605] Fri, 25 January 2019 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
I would suggest you to have a look at the following wiki doc to understand our @consumer and @producer annotations: https://github.com/eclipse/kura/wiki/Kura-Semantic-Versioning
If you want to provide an alternative database implementation, you should definitely implement such interface.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Create new database connection type [message #1801720 is a reply to message #1801718] Fri, 25 January 2019 08:58 Go to previous message
Pedro de Arquer is currently offline Pedro de ArquerFriend
I see, it's very clear now that the question didn't make much sense. Thank you for the information.
Previous Topic:MQTT Request/Response in camel
Next Topic:Using Kura (v4) in container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:26:40 GMT 2024