Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » UML ecore file?
UML ecore file? [message #1801565] Tue, 22 January 2019 16:39 Go to next message
Yannic Boida is currently offline Yannic BoidaFriend
Hello everyone.

I'd like to perform a model-to-model transformation with UML activities as the target model. I'm still a beginner, so I'm not sure but do I need UML ecore files in order to perform the transformation?

I found this link: https://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?project=uml2

Is this what I need? If so, can someone tell me how to install it? I imported the rar file in my project but I'm not sure if this is the right way.

Best regards
Re: UML ecore file? [message #1801730 is a reply to message #1801565] Fri, 25 January 2019 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yannic Boida is currently offline Yannic BoidaFriend
I've managed to figure it out. There's only one thing left that I don't understand:

As I've said before, UML is the target model for my transformation. However, when I validate the output model, I get the following message: ""Element 'Activity test' must be owned, but it has no owner.". All I did so far was creating two UML activities.

I tried to add an owner in my ETL file, but it seems like the "owner" feature is not changeable for activities. What are my options here?

Re: UML ecore file? [message #1801992 is a reply to message #1801730] Wed, 30 January 2019 13:04 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Yannic,

You'll need to add the activity to the "ownedElement" reference of its container (e.g. Model/Package). You can explore the UML2 metamodel through the EPackage Registry view [1] provided by Epsilon (look for "uml" in the upper part of the view after refreshing).

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/epackage-registry-view/
Previous Topic:Epsilon standalone in Maven-based Project
Next Topic:Model-to-Model transformation beginner question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:09:55 GMT 2024