Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Oxygen 3 "window not responding " (window not responding)
Oxygen 3 "window not responding " [message #1801419] Fri, 18 January 2019 18:33 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend

Update from Oxygen ? [ 0 votes ]
1.Will you update from Oxygen ? 0 / 0%
2.Does new Eclipse GUI improves IDE operation? 0 / 0%
3.Does Eclipse foundation reeds forums? 0 / 0%
4.Does Eclipse foundation do QA? 0 / 0%

OK, I realize that Oxygen is no longer "in" , but this has been asked before and still no solution.
So - please no sermons about updating - have the latest Eclipse and it just keeps compiling...
Will not execute the app. ( I believe I posted that "question" long time ago.)

I like to find out if there is another way to "wake -up " Oxygen when "window is not responding ".
It is getting tiresome to keep shutting it down and do "Run " again.

Using Ubuntu.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 January 2019 18:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oxygen 3 "window not responding " [message #1801442 is a reply to message #1801419] Sat, 19 January 2019 08:17 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure the point of your post nor the radio button form in it....

If you have a deadlock you can try to figure out the cause:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock

In a large customer project I found the cause of long delays in the build (after a save) was the refreshing of the decorations in the explorer view. If I fully collapse the tree, the update problems are greatly reduced. Also, I delete all the warning messages for projects that I'm not actually developing.

The point is that unless someone knows the reason for your "Windows not responding", i.e., what were you doing and what is Eclipse trying to do as a result, there isn't really much anyone can suggest. Of course, if it's a bug (truly a deadlock), it will of course never ever be fixed in Oxygen.

In terms of your survey, why does it matter to you whether others will update from Oxygen and why does it matter to you whether others perceive the newer versions of Eclipse of have improved GUI operation? You've already made it clear you don't want a sermon and you've already made it clear where your line in the sand is, so surely it's pointless to query about the opinions and perceptions of others...

I think I've also made it very clear that the Eclipse Foundation does not read forums and does not do QA because the Eclipse Foundation is a management organization. That why your post here will not ever be answered:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/1096371/1798887/#msg_1798887

I refrained from answering that because you don't care for my preaching. Though it's become apparent to me that if you don't like an answer you figure that if you just keep asking, you'll eventually get a different answer. Of course at some point that flogged horse is dead; continuing to flog it will not compel it to do anything. That's why I won't mentioned the flies and the honey versus vinegar thing...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Oxygen behaviour
Next Topic:"The import java.util.Base64 cannot be resolved"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:43:53 GMT 2024