Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Failure create-and-extend-tables, foreign key creation, postgreSQL(create or extends tables fails if foreign key already exists)
Failure create-and-extend-tables, foreign key creation, postgreSQL [message #1801022] Fri, 11 January 2019 09:46
Andreas B is currently offline Andreas BFriend
Hi,

I'm using eclipselink as my JPA provider. I use the property eclipselink.ddl-generation with the value create-or-extend-tables together with a postgreSQL database. Whenever my database did not contain any table, everything is fine and the tables are created as expected. But, if the tables are already existing within my postgreSQL database, a failure message "Constraint FK already exists" will thrown.

The FK is already existing, that is true but this is not a failure message for me. It sounds more or less as an warning message. I changed the logging level eclipselink.logging.level.sql to different states without any changes.

For my local environment I can ignore this failure message. But I using a payara-micro server and try to start my payara instance within an open-shift private cloud. Whenever I start my container, the container start fails related to the eclipselink failure message.

I using the latest eclipse link version 2.7.3.v20180807-4be1041. Within my database (postgreSQL) all permissions are set to the related database user.

My questions:
I there any additional configuration required to avoid this failure / eclipse link behaviour (create FK relation only if not already existing)? Is there any opportunity to avoid the output of this specific failure?

Thanks,
Andreas

Previous Topic:Force eclipselink to avoid pulling the same object on separate queries on the same entity
Next Topic:what really means weave and why is important
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 22 11:51:48 GMT 2019