Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » SysML Substitution relation - not visible in diagrams and palette (<<Substitution>>)
SysML Substitution relation - not visible in diagrams and palette [message #1800826] Tue, 08 January 2019 19:08 Go to next message
Bas Har is currently offline Bas HarFriend
Hi,
I am trying to use the substitution relation defined in UML 2.5, subsection 9.2.3.4 Substitution.
I was able to create it only from Model Explorer, it does not show in the Palette of the BDD, IBD nor Package diagrams. After creating using the model explorer, I am unable to show it in any of these three diagrams (BDD, IBD, Package).
I tried creating a UML project, in the composite structure diagram, it can be created using the palette and it shows between two classes.
Any assistance on the matter?
Can it as a last resort be shown using a table?
Thank you.
Re: SysML Substitution relation - not visible in diagrams and palette [message #1800852 is a reply to message #1800826] Wed, 09 January 2019 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benedikt Bauer is currently offline Benedikt BauerFriend
Hi,

I would guess that you don't find it in the SysML diagrams and palettes since the "substitution" relation is to the best of my knowledge not part of the SysML specification. Looks like it belongs to the elements which are not in the intersecting set of UML and SysML... Hope that helps at least for understanding, even if it does not solve your problem.

Cheers,
Benedikt
Re: SysML Substitution relation - not visible in diagrams and palette [message #1800887 is a reply to message #1800852] Wed, 09 January 2019 12:18 Go to previous message
Bas Har is currently offline Bas HarFriend
Hi Benedikt,

It is part of the SysML specification, you can verify per the attached snippet from the formal SysML specs document.

I was able to show it in a new SysML modeling project, I suspect I added some CSS that hides this relation somehow.

Thank you.

• Attachment: Capture3.PNG
    (Size: 316.92KB, Downloaded 55 times)
Previous Topic:css rule to hide transition names on state machine diagram
Next Topic:How to customize SysML transitions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:03:34 GMT 2024