Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Dealing with App Transport Security on MacOS
Dealing with App Transport Security on MacOS [message #1800671] Fri, 04 January 2019 20:23 Go to next message
Douglas Cooper is currently offline Douglas CooperFriend
Im running a maven based app that uses SWT to launch a browser. When navigating to a non-secure site i get the following error:

Quote:
App Transport Security has blocked a cleartext HTTP (http://) resource load since it is insecure. Temporary exceptions can be configured via your app's Info.plist file.

I understand that when deploying mac apps that the Info.plist can be used to avoid this, however that is not my use case. I just want to run the app from the command line.

I tried modifying the openjdk Info.plist to include

<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key>
  	<dict>
   		<key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>
   		<true/>
  	</dict>

but appeared to have no effect.
Re: Dealing with App Transport Security on MacOS [message #1800815 is a reply to message #1800671] Tue, 08 January 2019 15:22 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend

I don't think launching from a Maven process is a typical situation, unfortunately. You might be better asking on the Maven Users list or the Open JDK MacOS Port list

Eclipse Platform committer. Ask me about Eclipse support, training, and consulting.
Previous Topic:How to Display Image in SWT TableColumn Sortable Column
Next Topic:MouseMove-Event moves to wrong point (one pixel off) (Windows 10?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 05 22:47:07 GMT 2020