Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » How to get a .xmi file from .xml?(Problem of ATL getting start)
How to get a .xmi file from .xml? [message #1800628] Fri, 04 January 2019 03:02 Go to next message
zhang xh is currently offline zhang xhFriend
Hello, recently I am trying to repeat the transform of the Example DSL2EMF. And I found I can't transform the .xml file into .xmi as it says. I wonder what's the problem and what should I do to achieve this transform. Thank you!
Re: How to get a .xmi file from .xml? [message #1800674 is a reply to message #1800628] Fri, 04 January 2019 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

If you're referring to this example, I'm afraid I must disappoint you: it depends on AM3 for XML to XMI conversion, and AM3 has been discontinued.

If you want to read XML files as general as models, you may want to look into MoDisco's XML discoverer, which can also convert XML to XMI.

If you want to read/write XML that conforms to a schema (XSD), then you can look into EMF XSD, which generates Eclipse plug-ins that make available XSDs as Ecore metamodels.

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: How to get a .xmi file from .xml? [message #1800677 is a reply to message #1800674] Sat, 05 January 2019 03:29 Go to previous message
zhang xh is currently offline zhang xhFriend
Thank you very much! I'll try your suggestion.
Previous Topic:allInstances()?
Next Topic:Is XMI required to provide model instances?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:37:31 GMT 2024