Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Knowing the effected files when a task/Capability pattern is modified in EPF Composer(How can I know the effected files, if I modify a task/Capability pattern)
Knowing the effected files when a task/Capability pattern is modified in EPF Composer [message #1800545] Wed, 02 January 2019 06:59 Go to next message
Goutham E is currently offline Goutham EFriend
Hi,

I have modified/created a task and a new guidance-supporting material is added to the this task via EPF composer. This is done in the staging server which is used for testing purpose.

There is a separate working directory for staging server and separate working directory for Production server for our QMS.

Now I need to make the same change in the production server. It is becoming a tedious process to make the same changes again manually.
Is there a process to know the effected files so that I can copy them to the corresponding folders of the production server working directory.

Knowing the effected files for modified/newly created task/Capability pattern/Discipline/Artifact etc.. will make the work easy, when there are multiple changes changes to be made.

Thanks
Re: Knowing the effected files when a task/Capability pattern is modified in EPF Composer [message #1800889 is a reply to message #1800545] Wed, 09 January 2019 12:27 Go to previous message
Ismael Olea is currently offline Ismael OleaFriend

Hi Goutham:

I can suggest you a couple tricks:

• if your CMS tool can manage folders you could sync the new local folder to the server one (I'm thinking in rsync, scp or tools like these);
  • f you should do it by hand then you can use a SCM tool (like git) for controlling modification of contents:

1. go to the local folder where you export the website with EPFC
    2. setup a SCM local repository (i.e.: git init)
    3. export your website
    4. add to the repository all the generated content you have tracked (i.e.: git add <files> ; git commit )
    5. for a new revision of the website just check the repo status to know what is now and what have changed (i.e.: git status)
    6. repeat from step 4.

There are lots of GUI git tools for every platform if you are not confortable with CLI.

Hope it helps.

Previous Topic:Inheriting glossaries using variability in customs categories
Next Topic:Current EPF Composer Usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:16:19 GMT 2024