Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » SCSS/SASS in Eclipse 2018-09(How do I get SCSS/SASS to work in Eclipse 2018-09?)
SCSS/SASS in Eclipse 2018-09 [message #1800524] Tue, 01 January 2019 11:45
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
PLEASE DISREGARD THIS QUESTION.

One re-reading the instructions, I realized I hadn't done the steps on the Build Options tab; once I did that, I started getting activity when I saved my scss file after editing and those helped me identify that I didn't have the scss file in the proper place in the project. Once I moved it to the proper place (a folder called scss within a folder called assets directly beneath the project), I started getting meaningful messages that helped me debug my scss file and get a clean css file. So far, the built-in CSS editor is working satisfactorily with my very basic scss file; if it proves inadequate for more advanced SCSS/SASS, I'll have to track down a suitable editor or live with the inadequacies.

==================================================================
I would like to begin learning and using SASS/SCSS in Eclipse 2018-09 but I'm struggling with how to do that.

I read this article which seems very promising:
htps://ducfilan.wordpress.com/2017/01/25/how-to-auto-compile-sassscss-files-in-eclipse/comment-page-1/

I'm working in Windows 10 and, unfortunately, the instructions for that (see the comment by J. Knight at the end) isn't entirely working for me. I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or if I have unrealistic expectations for what is supposed to happen.

I installed Ruby and the SASS gem and configured the Builder for SASS in my project but when I create an SCSS file named test.scss, I seem to be in the default text editor, not an SCSS editor, and when I write SCSS code and save it, no compiled CSS code is being created in a separate file.

So, two issues:
1. How do I invoke an SCSS/SASS editor? Or can I use the built-in CSS editor for this purpose? I wrote a trivial SCSS file with a variable in it that was then used in the H1 and P tags without difficulty but I don't know enough SCSS yet to write anything more sophisticated so I'm not sure if the CSS editor will keep working with more advanced SCSS code.
2. How do I make my SCSS/SASS code compile so that I can see the generated CSS file? In other words, how do I invoke the SASS builder that I activated by following the instructions in the blog article?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 January 2019 12:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP crashes with lots of GTK warnings and errors after latest Gnome update
Next Topic:Paths with imbedded spaces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:03:50 GMT 2024