Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Applet viewer is notworking anymore(My old Applet are not running inthe latest version of Eclipse)
Applet viewer is notworking anymore [message #1800241] Fri, 21 December 2018 17:20 Go to next message
Gregoire Verweijen is currently offline Gregoire VerweijenFriend
I've started programming my first applets in June this summer. My study book from my education was entirely based on applets since back then it was very promising. I Have not been programming since, I wanted to pick it up. So this summer I've been programming from this book again. This was successful on the Eclipse version of that time if I set my project to java 1.8.

fast forward to now.
I reinstalled my computer (mac) and went from 10.10.5 to 10.12.6.
I installed the latest Eclipse IDE and wanted to run a couple of Applets I made this summer.

However none of the previous programs runs. Note: these are very simple programs. Who can help me run these programs again in the Applet viewer.The error I;m getting is:

Error: Could not find or load main class sun.applet.AppletViewer
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.applet.AppletViewer
Re: Applet viewer is notworking anymore [message #1800258 is a reply to message #1800241] Sat, 22 December 2018 09:24 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Which version of Java did you install on your computer? On the Mac you should really install a JDK, not just a JRE. Java itself has changed a lot going from Java 8 to Java 11, with things actually being removed from Java 11, so likely you'll have less problems if you use Java 8.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Following Wrong Path
Next Topic:Where is the resources section now which mentioned various videos, books, tutorials to learn Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:18:50 GMT 2024