Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse wont start
Eclipse wont start [message #1799941] Mon, 17 December 2018 17:33 Go to next message
doudou doudou is currently offline doudou doudouFriend
Hi,
I have a problem with Eclipse when I try to start it I get an error message that says the following:
An error has occurred. See the log file /home/doudou/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.log
I have installed Eclipse cpp version and after I added a couple plugins it started showing me this error message.
I do need both Java and C/C++ development tools and language support and also the modeling frameworks for my studies.
I do use Linux ( Manjaro) and download Eclipse from its repository and tried to reinstall but I still get the same error.
index.php/fa/34520/0/
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 390.39KB, Downloaded 122 times)
  • Attachment: Eclipse.png
    (Size: 6.06KB, Downloaded 444 times)
Re: Eclipse wont start [message #1799958 is a reply to message #1799941] Tue, 18 December 2018 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
These errors all look related to the fact that javax.xml.bind has been removed from Java 11. You could avoid that by using Java 8 instead. You could add (or modify) two lines like this in your eclipse.ini to use an older JVM
-vm
C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_121/jre/bin
Of course you'd use the path to the bin folder of an older JDK/JRE actually on your machine. Before sure to put it before -vmargs section in the eclipse.ini, on two separate lines; the the start of the file should work well.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse wont start [message #1799998 is a reply to message #1799958] Tue, 18 December 2018 17:51 Go to previous message
doudou doudou is currently offline doudou doudouFriend
Ed Merks wrote on Tue, 18 December 2018 04:54

Thanks for your reply I did uninstall opendjdk11/openjre11 and installed openjdk8/openjre8 and now eclipse is working :)
Thanks for your help
Previous Topic:How to Install Java Eclipse in Citrix Multiple User environment
Next Topic:[RCPTT] Suite execution stops after test verification failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:40:09 GMT 2024