Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Ditto » Behaviour Modelling(Features planned on modelling things)
Behaviour Modelling [message #1799576] Mon, 10 December 2018 12:46 Go to next message
Aditya Bhola is currently offline Aditya BholaFriend
I've been going through the project documentation, and found that a 'thing' or asset, can be modelled as a set of features, each of which can internally have a hierarchy of parameters, which can be read or written using APIs.

My question is, does the Ditto project have behaviour modelling too in the future plan? By behaviour modelling, I mean introducing features / parameters which are not directly recorded by sensors on the things, but are deduced from the existing features.

For example, let's say a fridge (the thing) has a sensor for door open / close.
But doesn't have a sensor to know whether the light is on or not. I can currently model this scenario as follows:
{
"attributes": {
"manufacturer": "XYZ",
"VIN": "12345"
},
"features": {
"door": {
"properties": {
"open": true
}
}
"light": {
"properties": {
"on": true
}
}
}
}

But the lights:on parameter would never be set. My question is that is there a way I can model that door:open leads to light:on, and door:close leads to light:off? If not currently possible, is something like this in the plan?
Re: Behaviour Modelling [message #1799732 is a reply to message #1799576] Thu, 13 December 2018 06:54 Go to previous message
Thomas Jaeckle is currently offline Thomas JaeckleFriend
Hello there.

Thanks for your interest in Ditto.
That would be out of scope for Ditto - for that you would typically use something like a "function as a service" approach (e.g. from AWS Lambda or Azure Functions).
Or what we do for demos, etc. is to use NodeRED which connects via a WebSocket to Ditto.
The NodeRED snippet can be notified via WebSocket if a special property is changed (e.g. the door changes its state from closed to open) and can use the same WebSocket connection in order to update another property (e.g. the light state).

So Ditto does not plan in including such a feature but relies on already established "function" approaches.

Best regards
Thomas
Previous Topic:Cannot find the Concierge service container
Next Topic:Does Eclipse Ditto crypto comply with FIPS 140-2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:16:11 GMT 2024