Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Getting Install location after install is finished from cmd file
Getting Install location after install is finished from cmd file [message #1799165] Fri, 30 November 2018 20:05 Go to next message
Zakary Ilic is currently offline Zakary IlicFriend
Hi everyone,

I am doing an mainly automated oomph install with cmd files and I need to know where the install location after the oomph eclipse install is finished.

I don't want to predetermine the install location, and was wondering if there was away of getting that location after the install is done.

Also, if multiple installs are done on one machine, it needs to always give the latest install. If anything is unclear, just let me know and I can clarify.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 December 2018 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting Install location after install is finished from cmd file [message #1799259 is a reply to message #1799165] Mon, 03 December 2018 15:04 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This information is sort of indirectly available in ~/eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.setup/setups/locations.setup but you'll have to paw it out of the XML and there isn't an obvious way to find the latest one, other than looking at timestamps of all installations. Perhaps make a copy before launching the installer and use this to find what entries are added after installation.
Previous Topic:http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon/ site is not stable.
Next Topic:Cannot change PHP value of variable using xdebug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 22:19:40 GMT 2019