Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Tutorial incomplete
Tutorial incomplete [message #1798818] Mon, 26 November 2018 09:57 Go to next message
Udo Walker is currently offline Udo WalkerFriend
Hi,

I tried to finish the tutorial on extending ELK with an own layout algorithm but I could not finish it because I think the tutorial is incomplete.

I stopped at the chapter "Algorithm Debugging" https://www.eclipse.org/elk/documentation/algorithmdevelopers/algorithmdebugging.html

I don't know how to test my own ELK plug-in in a runtime Eclipse?

And if I should use the Layout Graph View, how do I import graph files? What is the file format for kgraph?

Thanks in advance
Re: Tutorial incomplete [message #1798920 is a reply to message #1798818] Tue, 27 November 2018 13:01 Go to previous message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi Udo,

you're right, the documentation is still lacking there. What you can do for the moment is to test your algorithms is to create an ELK Graph using our textual ELK Graph format and then pressing the layout button on the main toolbar (the globe with a three-node graph overlayed). This will open a window that displays the result.

We currently have a Bachelor's student working on improving the development experience. Once he is finished, we will have better ways of testing layout algorithms.

Cheers,
Chris
Previous Topic:Getting the shape of edges using the ELK Java API?
Next Topic:[question] Layout doesn't calculate dimensions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:14:24 GMT 2024