Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debugging with gdb(After each MacOS version update, debugging with gdb does not work anymore)
Debugging with gdb [message #1798486] Mon, 19 November 2018 17:47 Go to next message
Urs Koster is currently offline Urs KosterFriend
On my Mac, I had OS Sierra installed and debugging was working without any problems. After upgrade to Mojave (10.14.1), debugging with gdb was not possible anymore.
Fortunately, I found the following link in the community:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52529838/gdb-8-2-cant-recognized-executable-file-on-macos-mojave-10-14

But with this, the task is not completed, because from Eclipse CDT, gdb must be started as a su under root.
Anybody knows how to do that ????

Re: Debugging with gdb [message #1802144 is a reply to message #1798486] Fri, 01 February 2019 19:45 Go to previous message
Andrew Voelkel is currently offline Andrew VoelkelFriend
I'm in exactly the same boat. Does anyone on this forum actually do native Mac development in Eclipse?

I'm incredibly frustrated with this because Xcode is a terrible IDE for serious C++ work. But I don't want to work in Windows for various reasons. I've tried CLion but it isn't free and it also isn't that great.

I've tried LLVM adapters but they don't support STL debugging. I've spent hours trying to get gdb to work only to encounter this.

Seriously? We have to recompile gdb to get native mode debugging to work on Mac OS?

I just don't get it. Were it not for this, the Mac and Eclipse would be the best place to do C++ dev, at least the kind I'm doing. Eclipse has a learning curve, but I've found nothing better. But I must be fairly alone in that point of view.
Previous Topic:Eclipse starts when I install but then it won't open
Next Topic:Symbols '' could not be resolved (for included files)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:12:43 GMT 2024