Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse cannot import project from archive file
eclipse cannot import project from archive file [message #1797945] Fri, 09 November 2018 01:54 Go to next message
Xingyou Yu is currently offline Xingyou YuFriend
In this image it should have import as a eclipse project, but it does not have, previously I can import project from archive file directly, how to solve this problem? Thank you.

index.php/fa/34291/0/
Re: eclipse cannot import project from archive file [message #1798130 is a reply to message #1797945] Tue, 13 November 2018 06:41 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
You didn't say which version of Eclipse you are using. I recently tried to switch to Photon and had lots of similar-sounding problems.

If I had a project I wanted to import and it was in the form of a zip file, I would get it unzipped. Then I suppose I might have had a folder called listenersDemo. Whatever it was, I would probably create a new workspace and move the project into that folder. (I guess I would open the originally zipped folder first to see whether it looked o.k.) Then in Eclipse I would change workspace and after Eclipse started itself it would show no projects in the new workspace. So the next thing to do would be to import the file into the open workspace in Eclipse. Once that was done, it should be possible to work on it in the ordinary way..

[Updated on: Tue, 13 November 2018 15:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Groovy cannot be resolved
Next Topic:JtextField not editable when JDialog is displayed on mac os using eclipse plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:09:34 GMT 2024