Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » (Incorrect) Context menu appears on Open(Context Menu)
(Incorrect) Context menu appears on Open [message #1797878] Wed, 07 November 2018 22:08
Joseph Reynolds is currently offline Joseph ReynoldsFriend
If I open a file from Project Explorer (for example) by right-clicking on a file and selecting Open, then a tab opens in the editor with the filename in the tab but the contents of the file are not yet displayed. Instead, a context menu is presented as if I right-clicked in the file. The context menu isn't for the editor, necessarily. It is for whatever the right-most tab of the editor is. If the right-most tab is Console, for example, then Console's context menu is presented hovering over the editor. If I press Escape, the context menu disappears and the file content is shown in the editor, as expected.

This happens from other points of origin. Project Explorer, as stated, but also when selecting within Git Repositories. If I right-click Fetch from a Remotes in Git Repositories, then again, the last tab's context menu is presented over the Fetch panel.

I think the use of the mouse is a factor, because if I use F3 from Project Explorer instead of picking Open via the mouse, then the behavior does not occur. I am immediately presented the file in an editor and without any tab's context menu. Not all actions or points of origin offer a keystroke alternative, so I need to use the mouse routinely and escaping out of the context menu is getting old.

About shows:
Eclipse DSL Tools

Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0)
Build id: 20180917-1800
Previous Topic:Scenebuilder/Windowbuilder integration through bat/script
Next Topic:.src and source files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:26:24 GMT 2024