|Re: Can't install Eclipse onto Mac [message #1797814 is a reply to message #1797806]
||Tue, 06 November 2018 19:48
| Tauno Voipio
Registered: August 2014
I have the newest Eclipse running happily on the Mac (OS X El Capitan).|
I'd do as follows:
- remove the directory .p2/pool from your home directory
- remove the existing Eclipse installation directory
- check that you have a new enough JDK from Oracle
- if not, get JDK version 1.8 from Oracle download page
- install it per Oracle instructions
- verify the installation with 'java -version'.
Get the Eclipse Installer for OS X from Eclipse download pages, and install it.
Use the installer to install your favorite flavor of Eclipse.
You can use the Eclipse Help -> Install New Software selection to install additional flavors to Eclipse.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03280 seconds