Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Installation issue(Eclipse Installation issue)
Eclipse Installation issue [message #1797264] Mon, 29 October 2018 11:29 Go to next message
Jared Martin is currently offline Jared MartinFriend
Hi,

I'm having some issues installing the Eclipse IDE for Java developers at the school where I work. I am trying to install the software on a computer. I initially installed the software in the C: drive under program files per usual. When I run the software logged in on my account, it's fine. However, the problem I'm having is that the C: drive for staff and students is not visible from their user accounts. I paste the Eclipse shortcut to a redirected folder on the server so that when staff or students log in, they can see it on the desktop. However, when I go to run the software logged in as a member of staff, I'm getting an error message saying The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

I tried installing it a different way using the scenario #3 - shared configuration. I created a network share on the file server and gave all users read only permission. When installing Eclipse I specified the pathway of the new shared folder. Eclipsed installed fine and launched when logged in as myself. I again copied and pasted the shortcut to the redirected desktop folder staff use so I could see it when I logged in as a member of staff. When I launch the software, I'm still getting the same error.

I took a look at the config.ini file that is located on the server in the installation folder. It still appears that several things are pointing to my specific user account which I'm finding confusing as I didn't specify this pathway during the installation. I'm unable to launch the software unless logged in as myself.

Could someone help me please with how to overcome this problem as I desperately need to get this deployed in one of the IT rooms in the school for the students to start their GCSE coursework. I have attached some screenshots for reference.

Many thanks

Jared

Re: Eclipse Installation issue [message #1797305 is a reply to message #1797264] Mon, 29 October 2018 16:48 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This is must like the following question: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1088269/

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Custom Sashform widget not retaining its width after closing the tab
Next Topic:Trying to run Eclipse Oxygen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:59:24 GMT 2024