Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Preventing duplicate debug configurations being created.(Attempting to debug app causes debug configuration to be created.)
Preventing duplicate debug configurations being created. [message #1797208] Sun, 28 October 2018 10:01 Go to next message
Robert Simpson is currently offline Robert SimpsonFriend
I have a number of projects which compile and run without any issue. However I am unable to run the debugger on one of them because when I start the debugger, Eclipse creates a duplicate configuration with the wrong path to the executable. There is no error message but nothing happens (that I can see). I can debug the app using gdb without any problem.

The duplicate configuration is showing up in .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches

The original is: test_misc.exe.launch
The duplicate is: test_misc.exe (1).launch

Original:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<launchConfiguration type="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.applicationLaunchType">
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.AUTO_SOLIB" value="true"/>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.AUTO_SOLIB_LIST"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.DEBUG_NAME" value="gdb"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.DEBUG_ON_FORK" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.EXTERNAL_CONSOLE" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.GDB_INIT" value=".gdbinit"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.NON_STOP" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.REVERSE" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.REVERSE_MODE" value="UseSoftTrace"/>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.SOLIB_PATH"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.TRACEPOINT_MODE" value="TP_NORMAL_ONLY"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.UPDATE_THREADLIST_ON_SUSPEND" value="false"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.internal.ui.launching.LocalApplicationCDebuggerTab.DEFAULTS_SET" value="true"/>
<intAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.ATTR_BUILD_BEFORE_LAUNCH_ATTR" value="1"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_ID" value="gdb"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_START_MODE" value="run"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_STOP_AT_MAIN" value="true"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_STOP_AT_MAIN_SYMBOL" value="main"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROGRAM_NAME" value="Eclipse-windows-debug/test_misc.exe"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_ATTR" value="test-misc"/>
<booleanAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_BUILD_CONFIG_AUTO_ATTR" value="false"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_BUILD_CONFIG_ID_ATTR" value="cdt.managedbuild.config.gnu.mingw.exe.debug.2059399822.603854269"/>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_PATHS">
<listEntry value="/test-misc"/>
</listAttribute>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_TYPES">
<listEntry value="4"/>
</listAttribute>
<stringAttribute key="process_factory_id" value="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.GdbProcessFactory"/>
</launchConfiguration>

Duplicate:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<launchConfiguration type="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.applicationLaunchType">
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.DEBUGGER_START_MODE" value="run"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROGRAM_NAME" value="Debug/test_misc.exe"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_ATTR" value="test-misc"/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.PROJECT_BUILD_CONFIG_ID_ATTR" value="cdt.managedbuild.config.gnu.mingw.exe.debug.2059399822.603854269"/>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_PATHS">
<listEntry value="/test-misc"/>
</listAttribute>
<listAttribute key="org.eclipse.debug.core.MAPPED_RESOURCE_TYPES">
<listEntry value="4"/>
</listAttribute>
<stringAttribute key="process_factory_id" value="org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.GdbProcessFactory"/>
</launchConfiguration>

Re: Preventing duplicate debug configurations being created. [message #1797211 is a reply to message #1797208] Sun, 28 October 2018 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You can see a list of all launch configurations in your workspace in the Debug Configurations dialog. This is accessible from the Run->Debug Configurations... menu entry. Based on you post, you should see test_misc.exe and test_misc.exe (1) listed under C/C++ Application. You should be able to select test_misc.exe and click the Debug button to launch the original launch config.

I believe that this should also associate test_misc.exe as the most recent launch associated with the project and move it to the top of the list in the Debug toolbar icon list.

You can also use the Debug Configurations dialog to remove the duplicate that was created.
Re: Preventing duplicate debug configurations being created. [message #1797218 is a reply to message #1797211] Sun, 28 October 2018 16:21 Go to previous message
Robert Simpson is currently offline Robert SimpsonFriend
Yes I can see the duplicate in Run->Debug Configurations and I can delete it. The problem is it just re-appears when I try to debug the app. Same thing if I select the original config. It just gets ignored.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 October 2018 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Doubts using pretty printer for QT4 while cross compiling
Next Topic:Oxygen 3A project issues - refresh and close / open project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:18:33 GMT 2024