Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Weird errors all of a sudden...(Unresolved inclusion, not recognizing std...)
Weird errors all of a sudden...(Unresolved inclusion, not recognizing std...) [message #1797169] Fri, 26 October 2018 15:16 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello, I am new to programming in general and even more new to Eclipse c++, I was using Eclipse for Java so I decided to try it for a C++ course I have. I love it and everything was going fine until I opened it up two days ago and now I'm getting a bunch of errors. All of my "#includes" are now saying unresolved inclusion and "using namespace std" is saying cannot be resolved.

Yesterday I was unable to run programs that were working fine a few days before. I did notice that I had to reinstall Xcode for some reason as well as the command line tools to my computer. After doing that I am now able to run the programs but the entire program is filled with red squiggly lines! I uninstalled Eclipse twice now and reinstalled but I still have the same issues.
Akinator Xender Kik

I'm not sure what to do. I can work through it since everything is running fine but it's super hard with all these errors showing. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2018 20:09] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weird errors all of a sudden...(Unresolved inclusion, not recognizing std...) [message #1797464 is a reply to message #1797169] Wed, 31 October 2018 09:35 Go to previous message
Melvin Hausmann is currently offline Melvin HausmannFriend
I would like to second that.

I wanted to create an Arduino Project using the Plugin "Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino" V 3.0 in Eclipse ( Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a) Build id: 20180405-1200 )

I downloaded & installed the library for my board, added the #include and hit the built button. And then I get a bunch of errors for the built and my inclusions are all marked as unresolved.
If I then add an empty "#include <" and hit Ctrl + Space I get no proposals (list is empty)

Same if I create a "pure" C++ Hello Word Project (Unresolved Inclusion <iostream>) and make tells me my .cpp file does not exist ...

I'm running on Win7, Java -version
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)
Previous Topic:Executable dll dependancy on other PC
Next Topic: Code folding plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:23:30 GMT 2024