Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Updates to Xdebug Support within PDT.
Updates to Xdebug Support within PDT. [message #1796640] Tue, 16 October 2018 18:44
Eclipse UserFriend
For all those who are interested in XDebug support in PDT, I thought I would quickly list the
changes made that should make it into PDT 1.0.1 M1.

1. fixed expression view so that expression results are not modifiable
2. fixed the URL dialog to have the previous value show up as the latest (not xdebug specific)
3. Stop URL uses the NO_EXEC version, so script not re-executed
4. fixed issue where strings containing base64 code were decode to bytes using the wrong encoding.Akinator Xender Kik

5. xdebug support should be more robust to unexpected and incorrect flows from xdebug itself
6. fixed the variables view so that it doesn't keep refreshing and collapsing arrays/objects
7. break on first line checkbox honoured correctly in EXE launch
8. working directory for an EXE launch will be the same as the script location if the environment
variable "XDEBUG_WORKING_DIR" is defined in the EXE launch. This can be set to anything, and is
a temporary workaround until the EXE launch can have a proper GUI option to select the working directory
9. With a Web script launch you should now be able to select a just a project or folder and the
automatic path mapping work the same as if you have selected a specific file.
10. Debugging multisession support - This is not enabled by default, but will allow you to have
multiple web script debug sessions running concurrently. I have yet to write this up in the document
on using XDebug, but will do so in the future.

Look forward to getting some feedback on these changes.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2018 21:16] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ignoring custom tags
Next Topic:Spell check and wysiwyg plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:38:59 GMT 2024