Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse not showing mingw in Debian/Ubuntu(How to set-up mingw in eclipse on linux)
Eclipse not showing mingw in Debian/Ubuntu [message #1796632] Tue, 16 October 2018 17:18 Go to next message
Scotty Smith is currently offline Scotty SmithFriend
Hello,
I'm a complete eclipse-newbie and try to set-up a live-usb-stick with linux and eclipse for a computer-science-project at university. The thing is that we have to use mingw for cross-compiling.

I tried several linux-distros: Only ubuntu/debian seem to offer mingw in their repositories. However , eclipse never is able to find mingw, after installation. I soon found out (on the internet) that older version of eclipse have a bug with finding installed toolchains. The eclipse-version in debian-repos is very old (version 3.8). So I downloaded the newest eclipse from the homepage (version 2018-09) but mingw still is not available when choosing file > new project > C/C++-project > C-managed build.

The strange thing is: Mingw is listed in Window > Preferencec > C/C++ > Core Build Toolchains.

So why can't I use mingw even though eclipse did find the toolchain?
gcc is placed in/usr/bin and of course this path is listed in the global PATH-variable.

Re: Eclipse not showing mingw in Debian/Ubuntu [message #1796643 is a reply to message #1796632] Tue, 16 October 2018 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francesco Pugliese is currently offline Francesco PuglieseFriend
Thanks i resolved !
Re: Eclipse not showing mingw in Debian/Ubuntu [message #1796648 is a reply to message #1796643] Tue, 16 October 2018 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scotty Smith is currently offline Scotty SmithFriend
???

Re: Eclipse not showing mingw in Debian/Ubuntu [message #1796796 is a reply to message #1796648] Fri, 19 October 2018 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc-André Laperle is currently offline Marc-André LaperleFriend
Hi. I believe the MinGW toolchain is geared towards Windows as host. You could try instead to use the "Cross GCC" toolchain. It allows you to specify the path and the prefix of gcc. Check in "Install new software", it should be listed under the name "C/C++ GCC Cross Compiler Support". Once you created your project with that toolchain, double check your project properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross Settings. For example, if you compiler is at location /usr/bin/mingw-gcc, the prefix is "mingw-" and path is /usr/bin/.
Re: Eclipse not showing mingw in Debian/Ubuntu [message #1796797 is a reply to message #1796796] Fri, 19 October 2018 05:07 Go to previous message
Marc-André Laperle is currently offline Marc-André LaperleFriend
Forgot to mention, the "C/C++ GCC Cross Compiler Support" might already be installed depending on the way you got Eclipse and CDT.
Previous Topic:Problems with the installation for Eclipse IDE C++
Next Topic:Help with Window Management
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:53:30 GMT 2024