Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to enable Apply Configuration to a custom configuration setup(How to enable Apply Configuration to install custom configuration setups without changing command line parameters)
How to enable Apply Configuration to a custom configuration setup [message #1796298] Tue, 09 October 2018 19:18 Go to next message
Regent LArcheveque is currently offline Regent LArchevequeFriend
Hi,
I recently started to use Oomph for our new Eclipse project Apogy (incubation). I managed to create 2 product setups that works well with the "+" button in the Oomph UI. I'd like now to support the Apply Configuration Oomph capability. This simplifies the installation procedure and prevents errors from the end-user. I dig into the documentation and git repos that make use of Oomph but I am still missing a detail. I notice redirectable products/projects but I do not find the pattern how to make it work.

Let say my setups are all located in the same directory. My question is how do I make a reference to a product setup (or catalog) that does not belong to org.eclipse.setup inside the configuration.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<setup:Configuration
    xmi:version="2.0"
    xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"
    xmlns:setup="http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/1.0"
    label="Apogy Developer SDK">
  <installation
      name="apogy.installation"
      label="Apogy Installation">
    <productVersion

<!-- This has been generated automatically -->
        href="index:/org.eclipse.setup#//@productCatalogs[name='self']/@products[name='org.eclipse.apogy.sdk.developer']/@versions[name='2018-09']"/>
    <description>The Apogy installation provides cool stuff.</description>
  </installation>
</setup:Configuration>

I presume the problem is with the index: that refers to oomph index and the product catalog linked to self. If the configuration and product setups are both in the same directory should I put something like:
        href="ApogyDeveloperSDKProduct.setup#//@productCatalogs[name='org.eclipse.apogy.products']/@products[name='org.eclipse.apogy.sdk.developer']/@versions[name='2018-09']"/>

The repo is here
http://git.eclipse.org/c/apogy/apogy.git/tree/releng/org.eclipse.apogy.setup.oomph?h=R0_5

Thanks for your help and for this nice product.

Regent ;-)
Re: How to enable Apply Configuration to a custom configuration setup [message #1796302 is a reply to message #1796298] Wed, 10 October 2018 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Regent,

I'm traveling on actual vacation, so can be of limited help. The configuration processing is designed to help add to the catalogs, but mostly I've tested that it automatically add projects to the project catalog (because the project itself can link to the Logic Project Container). With products it's trickier but I thought I did something fancy to support that too. But I really don't recall and would have to hunt in the code to see how exactly that should work. In principle it should work if you reference your product via a URI through to its containing product catalog and that this product catalog URI would be used to create the necessary redirection URIs to link this catalog to the "standard" index...

But if you can't get that working, I won't have really time until a week from now...
Re: How to enable Apply Configuration to a custom configuration setup [message #1796315 is a reply to message #1796302] Wed, 10 October 2018 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regent LArcheveque is currently offline Regent LArchevequeFriend
Thanks Ed. I'll take a look at the options you mentioned. I'll check the oomph code too to get an idea of what and hot it should be defined. In a week, if you have further instructions, please let me know. It would be appreciated.

;-)
Re: How to enable Apply Configuration to a custom configuration setup [message #1798599 is a reply to message #1796315] Tue, 20 November 2018 20:58 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Did you ever get this working?
Previous Topic:Error while installing Eclipse
Next Topic:setup for project using Bndtools and a Bnd Workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 01:13:15 GMT 2019