Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse won't start(No error message)
Eclipse won't start [message #1795884] Mon, 01 October 2018 21:56 Go to next message
A Person Of No Significance is currently offline A Person Of No SignificanceFriend
I installed eclipse yesterday, and everything was working fine. However, today, I can't start eclipse at all. There is no error message, and eclipse doesn't show up under task manager. If I try to uninstall eclipse, I can't find it through the uninstall menu, and have to manually delete the files.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling eclipse, which should reset the workspace directory, which didn't help. I have also tried restarting my computer, as that can sometimes fix problems, but that also didn't help.

Is there any way I can fix this?
Re: Eclipse won't start [message #1795890 is a reply to message #1795884] Tue, 02 October 2018 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Why would uninstalling and reinstalling Eclipse affect the workspace directory? Do you have
any technical details you can share, like how you installed Eclipse, which version it is,
where it was installed, or what O.S. and version of Java you're running?

How are you trying to run it? Are you sure you have Read and Execute
permissions on it?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Tue, 02 October 2018 03:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse won't start [message #1795892 is a reply to message #1795890] Tue, 02 October 2018 03:08 Go to previous message
A Person Of No Significance is currently offline A Person Of No SignificanceFriend
I did some more testing, and every time I reinstalled eclipse, I could open it exactly once. After I closed it, I would not be able to open it again.

I have now fixed this problem by reinstalling java. It seems that my java had somehow been corrupted.
Previous Topic:Windows 10 Exit 1 error
Next Topic:When Javadoc contains Chinese character, the file looks disorder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:32:39 GMT 2024