Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Using profiles as Metamodels in ATL EMFTVM
Using profiles as Metamodels in ATL EMFTVM [message #1795840] Mon, 01 October 2018 00:12 Go to next message
omar hassane is currently offline omar hassaneFriend
Hello,

I was trying to execute a transformation using the ATL EMFTVM engine, that takes models conforming to UML profiles as Metamodels, but when I execute the transformation I get the following error :

org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.VMException: Error during module loading: org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.ProfileImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EPackage

Is there any possibility that I can use profiles as metamodels without converting them to ecore.

Thank you.
Re: Using profiles as Metamodels in ATL EMFTVM [message #1798450 is a reply to message #1795840] Mon, 19 November 2018 10:50 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

It is technically possible to load the internal Ecore representation of a UML Profile as a metamodel, but this is not recommended.
Even though UML2 converts Profiles to an Ecore representation whenever you click "Define Profile", this Ecore representation is not public API, and tends to change with newer releases. Also, as you define multiple versions of the Profile, multiple Ecore representations will be embedded within the Profile, and causes confusion within ATL.
The only stable way to interact with UML Profiles is via the UML2 API (e.g. "getAppliedStereotypes()", etc.).

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:Inject a resource instead of loading it
Next Topic:how to define rules with unique outputs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:49:21 GMT 2024