Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Disabling annoying Problems View(How can the automatic popup of the Problems View be disabled?)
Disabling annoying Problems View [message #1795501] Mon, 24 September 2018 11:54 Go to next message
Hans Meier is currently offline Hans MeierFriend
Hello everyone,

Eclipse 4.8 Photon: Whenever there is an error - or a mere warning - when compiling my code, the Problems View pops up. I do not need it at all (I have other means to locate and handle any errors), so it is just an annoying nag screen for me. Is there a way to disable this functionality?

Thank you and kind regards,

Hans
Re: Disabling annoying Problems View [message #1795510 is a reply to message #1795501] Mon, 24 September 2018 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I've never seen such behavior, with Java. Are you compiling Java and this happens with auto build enabled whenever you save? What do you mean by "pops up"?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Disabling annoying Problems View [message #1795516 is a reply to message #1795510] Mon, 24 September 2018 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is not Java that I am using Eclipse for (it is ABAP), but I suppose the programming language is of little relevance.

Ed Merks wrote on Mon, 24 September 2018 14:34
What do you mean by "pops up"?

Whenever I compile my code and something is wrong, it is as if I had chosen menu Windows --> Show View --> Problems.

Actually the question was asked before, in 2003. He got an answer, but one that unfortunately does not apply to current Eclipse versions:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/50268/

At the end of that same thread, someone asked how to fix it in 2009, and got no response. Now, another 9 years later, I have the same problem.
Re: Disabling annoying Problems View [message #1795530 is a reply to message #1795516] Mon, 24 September 2018 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What is compiling your code and how are you triggering a compile?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Disabling annoying Problems View [message #1795562 is a reply to message #1795501] Tue, 25 September 2018 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Compiling my code is starting the compile process, and to do so I click on the matchstick icon.

https://image.ibb.co/hgT1NU/screenshot.jpg
Re: Disabling annoying Problems View [message #1795597 is a reply to message #1795562] Wed, 26 September 2018 05:39 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This looks like something added to Eclipse by whatever you installed for ABAP support. No doubt the ABAP framework designers have decided you ought to see the Problems view after a compile. Perhaps there is an ABAP-specific preference to disable that behavior and likely ABAP has some forum where you can ask question about it. Unfortunately it does not appear to be an Eclipse project so it's difficult for us to help you.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Scenebuilder/Windowbuilder integration through bat/script
Next Topic:how to remove trimitem tooltips
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:59:12 GMT 2024