Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Create diagram programmatically from uml file
Create diagram programmatically from uml file [message #1795266] Wed, 19 September 2018 13:15 Go to next message
Ignacio Gómez is currently offline Ignacio GómezFriend
First of all, I'm sorry if this question is already answered somewhere, but I searched a lot and didn't found anything about that.

I want to know if there's any way to create a diagram programmatically (and be able to save it aftewards in a notation file) being that I already have an uml file with the description of the model.

In regard to the context of the question, I want to generate the graphical description of a model that was transformed with QVTo to UML2 from another model generated through Xtext. I have a Resource object from which I can get the model EObject (with the getContents function).

Thanks for your time.
Re: Create diagram programmatically from uml file [message #1795666 is a reply to message #1795266] Wed, 26 September 2018 14:03 Go to previous message
Quentin Le Menez is currently offline Quentin Le MenezFriend
Hi Ignacio,

Sorry for the delay.
If you want to create it via papyrus, what you will need is, afaik, fairly complex but here are the pointers I can give you:
0- First of you will need to have a Papyrus editor opened
1- get the type of diagram you want to create and its associated ViewPrototype
2- create a ModelSet from the Papyrus MultiDiagramEditor through the service Registry
3- then create your diagram through a CreationCommandDescriptor.getComand().createDiagram(modelset, root, diagramName)
4- from there you will need to get from the editor its associated ServiceRegistry, TransactionalEditingDomain and Diagram page.
5- open the created diagram in it so as to be able to drop your elements in it through OpenDiagramCommand
6- drop your elements in the now active part through a drop request
command

you will then have your diagram created and populated. Although you won't have its elements organized so you might have to do a little cleanup by hand. Unless you want to use an automatic tool like ELK.

You can look at an example of this in the DiagramTemplate tool [1]. There should be a second release shortly but I have no time frame on it yet.

HTH,
Quentin

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.incubation.git/
Previous Topic:Need Papyrus Sample Proect
Next Topic:Generation of Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jan 22 20:37:08 GMT 2020