Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » The project was not built since its build path is incomplete - Eclipse Oxygen(The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.emf.common.util.EList. Fix the build path then try building this project)
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete - Eclipse Oxygen [message #1795230] Tue, 18 September 2018 20:17 Go to next message
Sripriya Akondi is currently offline Sripriya AkondiFriend
Description-
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.emf.common.util.EList. Fix the build path then try building this project

Type-
The type org.eclipse.emf.common.util.EList cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files.

Tried to fix the issue by performing actions:

Right click-->Properties-->Build path-->Removed the library and then selected the workspace default library--->cleaned and built the project. But, the error still persists.
Also tried to add org.eclipse.emf.common-2.12.0.jar file to the project build path. But this raised to some more errors in the workspace.

Note: The github repository link of the imported project is:
https://github.com/Open-MBEE/mdk.git

Re: The project was not built since its build path is incomplete - Eclipse Oxygen [message #1795238 is a reply to message #1795230] Wed, 19 September 2018 01:26 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
Your question had a lot in it, but I can't tell for sure where you may be copying error messages and where you may be stating your own observations.

That being said, just looking at your question as a collection of key words with unclear contexts, it appears that I may have seen this problem before.

If would help if you were to reword your question. Then include information that would let readers know whether or not you are transferring code from Oxygen to Photon.

Be aware that Photon does things with include files in an entirely different way (to stay up to the date with the way Java designers have started to do things). It offers you a chance to declare a module. If you do that without knowing what you are doing nothing will make sense anymore. If you are making a new project, either learn about these new features or decline to make the module. See: https://www.eclipse.org/photon/noteworthy/index.php#java-10-support

There is something seriously wrong with trying to open projects made in Oxygen within Photon. I've asked/complained, but nobody has responded.

The only way I've found to do things is to copy the entire folder containing the old project you want to reopen using Photon, and give it a new name. The reason is that you want to keep all of the existing invisible files and prevent Photon from making new ones. You will now be able to move in Photon to this new old workspace, open your project, and continue developing it.

If you ever want to make a new work space you can't do it the old way. You have to copy the whole workspace folder again, rename it again, and then go into Photon and delete the projects you want to have only in the ancestor folder, and leave the one or two that you want to make further improvements on.

As I said before, I can't really understand your question, so the resulting response given here may be no answer at all.
Previous Topic:MessageManager doesn't display message in header on Form open
Next Topic:Folded Code Preview Colors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:33:40 GMT 2024