Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Deploy BIRT runtime 4.8.0 to JDK7 failure
Deploy BIRT runtime 4.8.0 to JDK7 failure [message #1795006] Wed, 12 September 2018 14:04 Go to next message
LM LM is currently offline LM LMFriend
The BIRT download page stipulates that the BIRT runtime depends on JDK 7.

I am deploying the birt.war runtime into a JDK7 / Tomcat 7 environment, but then getting an error that suggests one of the jars (org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.8.0-20180626.jar) was built with JDK 8. Why would it have been built using Java 8 when it is supposed to be JDK 7 capable?

Here is the log message:

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.eclipse.birt.report.listener.ViewerServletContextListener
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/spi/IRegistryProvider : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (unable to load class org.eclipse.core.runtime.spi.IRegistryProvider)

"Unsupported major.minor version 52.0" is referring to JDK 8 compiler level.

Updating our server to Java 8 is a last resort option. But I think it's odd that what is advertised as JDK 7 -capable is not in fact the case.

Any help appreciated.
Re: Deploy BIRT runtime 4.8.0 to JDK7 failure [message #1801597 is a reply to message #1795006] Wed, 23 January 2019 09:52 Go to previous message
JKL YUIO is currently offline JKL YUIOFriend
Hello did you please found the answer to this question i am ahving the same problem
Previous Topic:Dynamic combo box doesn't pass value field
Next Topic:wrong pagination in pdf format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:12:50 GMT 2024