Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Sorting on large data-set(Sorting performance)
Sorting on large data-set [message #1794726] Wed, 05 September 2018 15:38 Go to next message
chaitanya tangudu is currently offline chaitanya tanguduFriend
Sorting on NatTable with large set of data (10,000 rows) is slow. It hangs on to the UI thread for quite a bit to complete the operation.
Is there any better alternative to handle scenarios like this? Any ideas or leads are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Sorting on large data-set [message #1794742 is a reply to message #1794726] Wed, 05 September 2018 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Are you using GlazedLists? The performance there should be quite good from my experience.
Re: Sorting on large data-set [message #1794855 is a reply to message #1794742] Fri, 07 September 2018 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Dirk, thank you very much for replying. Yes, we are using GlazedList. Here is more details of our use case. We have around 22K rows in that table.
If we sort without any group-by(s), it sorts with in a second.
But, if we add any group-by column (s), it does take considerable amount of time. The most of the time is consumed by glazedlists.groupBy.GroupByComparator.compare(). I don't see anyway to avoid it.
Can you please provide your input in this case? Any suggestion is highly helpful. Thanks again in advance.
Re: Sorting on large data-set [message #1794873 is a reply to message #1794855] Mon, 10 September 2018 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
a) What means "considerable time"?
b) Which version of NatTable are you using?
c) Do you use the groupBy summary feature?
d) Do you call GroupByDataLayer#initializeTreeComparator() with the correct values?
e) If you think there is an issue with the GroupByComparator you can exchange it with some custom comparator via GroupByDataLayer#setComparator() or contribute a fixed version with better performance.
Re: Sorting on large data-set [message #1798761 is a reply to message #1794873] Fri, 23 November 2018 16:40 Go to previous message
Hello Dirk, apologies for very late response.

I wanted to answer your questions.
a) What means "considerable time"? - More than 30 secs
b) Which version of NatTable are you using? - 1.4
c) Do you use the groupBy summary feature? - Yes
d) Do you call GroupByDataLayer#initializeTreeComparator() with the correct values? - I am not sure what's "Correct Values"
e) If you think there is an issue with the GroupByComparator you can exchange it with some custom comparator via GroupByDataLayer#setComparator() or contribute a fixed version with better performance. -

I am exploring the option of writing custom comparator, thank you for the suggestion. Based up on my answer, is there anything else you suggest.

Thanks again for answering my questions, happy weekend.
Previous Topic:how to add a new row in the filter list, if rows are already filttered.
Next Topic:NatTable Tree Filtering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:25:15 GMT 2024