Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2) Roaming Profile Issues
Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2) Roaming Profile Issues [message #1794434] Thu, 30 August 2018 14:45 Go to next message
Luigi De Marco is currently offline Luigi De MarcoFriend
Hi we use roaming profiles in our environment. A user in our environment users Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2) and the application creates folders and files on the user's profile that constantly causes it to exceed its profile storage limit. We were wondering if there is a way to redirect these files so they can get dumped onto a local drive which would not impact the clients roaming profile quota.

I went through all the options in preferences and do not see a way to do this.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Re: Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2) Roaming Profile Issues [message #1795011 is a reply to message #1794434] Wed, 12 September 2018 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luigi De Marco is currently offline Luigi De MarcoFriend
can anybody assist with this?
Re: Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2) Roaming Profile Issues [message #1795016 is a reply to message #1795011] Wed, 12 September 2018 16:48 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm really not sure. I suspect (e.g., from what Oomph does) that some things "hard code" locations based on System.getProperty("user.home") so the only way to influence that is with a VM option -Duser.home=... but of course that would affect where EGit finds the .ssh folder or anything else normally found in the user's home folder... You can see the mention of user.home in https://help.eclipse.org/photon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fruntime-options.html

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse info message on OS X
Next Topic:Eclipse SDK 3.7.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:36:15 GMT 2024