Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » I can't download eclipse AT ALL(ecslipse problem)
I can't download eclipse AT ALL [message #1794273] Tue, 28 August 2018 11:40 Go to next message
Ron Verssti is currently offline Ron VersstiFriend
I am a big fan of programming and i was told ecplise is really useful for programming, so i decided to use it.

used it for awhile then left it now wanted to redownload it so i deleted some eclipse things i found (maybe this is the problem?).

but for some reason i just cant install it i download the eclipse-inst-win64 then open it i click install it goes nicely and then nope failed due to error learn more i click learn more a massive wall of text appears, but no way to help me install it.

and i deleted it and re-downloaded the installer and it didnt fix it i noticed an orange "!" and said update i did it now i could choose which eclipse i wanted (example: mars,luna,photon... etc) and i chose photon didnt work oxygen didnt work and then for some reason everytime i wanted to install it my avast antivirus went off saying it protected my pc from eclipse-inst-win64.

(here is some useful info (maybe...) while first time downloading i had problem where it showed an orange bar and said download was slow from "mirror or any other link", i also played around abit with jdk and jre while eclipse was installing dont know if this effects anything but i deleted jre to get the newer ver and also realised i didnt have jdk)
Re: I can't download eclipse AT ALL [message #1794294 is a reply to message #1794273] Tue, 28 August 2018 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The massive walls of text tend to be the what people need to help you figure out what's wrong. You can
download preassembled packages from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/ that you can
just unzip and run.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: I can't download eclipse AT ALL [message #1794298 is a reply to message #1794294] Tue, 28 August 2018 14:51 Go to previous message
Ron Verssti is currently offline Ron VersstiFriend
Then I'll try the pre-packaged and hopefuly it works, thanks a lot!

(EDIT: it worked! thanks! seems the instaler has issues)

[Updated on: Tue, 28 August 2018 15:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Linking viewer selection with current editor constantly running
Next Topic:Trying to download nightly for Linux x64, sha512 mismatch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:49:54 GMT 2024