Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » [Sirius-ELK] Edges not exactly orthogonal
[Sirius-ELK] Edges not exactly orthogonal [message #1794054] Thu, 23 August 2018 03:48 Go to next message
lee lucky is currently offline lee luckyFriend
Hi,
I used the extension point "org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.layoutProviders" provided by GMF to invoke ELK layout in Sirius diagram editor. Several edges are not exactly orthogonal in the Sirius editor, while they are exactly orthogonal in the "Layout Graph" provided by ELK team for debugging. I traced the coordinates of these edges, and they are exactly orthogonal.
I wondered why Sirius not displays the coordinates of these edges provided by ELK layout, Are they changed by Sirius or else? Could you give me some suggestions or solutions? Thanks in advance and hope for your reply.
Re: [Sirius-ELK] Edges not exactly orthogonal [message #1794079 is a reply to message #1794054] Thu, 23 August 2018 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

Draw2D may do some modifications mainly related to autosize of nodes and Sirius to shorten the edge distance between bordered nodes . It may also be related to your implementation and how you are applying ELK result to GMF views. I can't really say without doing investigations. But I don't have the time at the moment.

You may be interested to look at the new experimental ELK integration available starting from Sirius 6.0.
It allows you to specify available ELK layout algorithm to use directly in the VSM under your diagram description. You also can change the properties of the chosen algorithm.

As an experimental feature, it may have some bugs or be missing some features you would need.
If you give a try don't hesitate to open bug or evolution tickets: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: [Sirius-ELK] Edges not exactly orthogonal [message #1795134 is a reply to message #1794079] Sun, 16 September 2018 09:09 Go to previous message
Miles Smith is currently offline Miles SmithFriend
Am facing the same problem. Hope anyone here can help me too. Thanks in advance. Regards,
Previous Topic:Facing Problems While creating delete line tool in Sirius Table representation
Next Topic:[ANN] Obeo Designer CE 11.0 available, powered by Sirius 6.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:55:56 GMT 2024