Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » When Javadoc contains Chinese character, the file looks disorder
When Javadoc contains Chinese character, the file looks disorder [message #1793989] Wed, 22 August 2018 03:24 Go to next message
Charles Fireround is currently offline Charles FireroundFriend
When Javadoc contains Chinese character, the file looks disorder. The picture is in the attachment. Does anyone know how to solve it?
Re: When Javadoc contains Chinese character, the file looks disorder [message #1794051 is a reply to message #1793989] Thu, 23 August 2018 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
There is not much in your attached screen shot. It is a comment, so the fact that the Chinese isn't to your liking there is not a very big problem.

I was working on something else, so I just typed in three lines, each in a different font that is designed for Chinese text display, to show you. It's the displayed text that you need to make look nice.

The basic screen font that Eclipse uses is unicode, so you can do Chinese with it, but it's not necessarily the best looking, not what you would like users to see.

Look at the attached screen shot. When you make your program, creat something like a JTextField and in the design mode select "text" (then input some Chinese text) and then 5 lines above look for "font." You can go in there and try to find your favorite Chinese font in simplified. (Sorry, I don't have it on this computer yet.)_ When you are in display mode you can see the characters change font as soon as you shift focus over to the GUI part of the screen.

If you just want your own display to look nicer when you are programming, then you need to learn how to set the preferences for font and size used by Eclipse.

I've added a screen from an application I've been working on recently.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 August 2018 05:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: When Javadoc contains Chinese character, the file looks disorder [message #1795801 is a reply to message #1794051] Sat, 29 September 2018 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dwing heven is currently offline dwing hevenFriend
I have the same problem in eclipse 4.8 and 4.9 with the default font "Consolas".

Sample code:
Quote:

public class Test
{
/**
* 汉字
* @param args
*/
// 汉字abc汉字
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.println("汉字abc汉字");
}
}
Re: When Javadoc contains Chinese character, the file looks disorder [message #1795894 is a reply to message #1795801] Tue, 02 October 2018 04:58 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
The original question was not properly formulated. I don't know what "the file looks disorder" is supposed to mean.

I don't see any real disorder in the picture you provided, just characters that look slightly different in size.

If you have a problem, I think you need to investigate the preferences, wherever they are, that determine what fonts are used where, whether they are bold or italic sometimes, whether they are different sizes sometimes.

Usually this kind of thing may look o.k. to one group and bad to another. That's why many applications provide preferences panels.

To me it makes more sense to worry about the fonts used in the applications you build, and there you have great freedom to set different fonts and sizes for different parts of your application's screen if you so desire.
Previous Topic:Eclipse won't start
Next Topic:Defining a colour scheme for an unknown language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:48:43 GMT 2024