Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object Mapping in a Swing+Jide Application with JDesktopPanes
Object Mapping in a Swing+Jide Application with JDesktopPanes [message #1793979] Tue, 21 August 2018 15:23 Go to next message
Jonas WagnerFriend
Hi!

I'm trying to test a Swing/Jide Application that has multiple JDesktopPanes in a Container.

For some components (e.g. some tables or the "Close" buttons of the JDesktopPanes), the Object Mapping does not really work. After mapping the close buttons of the JDesktopPanes, I noticed that their properties are identical except for one: The MaskFrame #. This causes Jubula to be unreliable regarding those components, i.e. not clicking the correct one.
I am not actually sure what the MaskFrame property is, and I don't have any control over it (no access to the source code of the AUT), but I've noticed that they are incrementally generated, i.e. for every new JDesktopPane, the MaskFrame # property is increased by one.

Has anyone already run into a similar situation?
Thanks in advance for any comments!

Attached is a screenshot of the properties of one of the JDesktopPane close buttons.

index.php/fa/33673/0/
Re: Object Mapping in a Swing+Jide Application with JDesktopPanes [message #1794260 is a reply to message #1793979] Tue, 28 August 2018 08:07 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Jonas,

this is a problem which Jubula has with hierarchy's which are very similar. The similarity and the fact that the MaskFrame changes is leading to the fact that Jubula might find not the same but a similar one. This is the case because we are using a heuristic to find components. The best way for this kind of problems is to set a name for Component like the Table.[1] But this is only possible if you have access to the sources, or a developer can do it for you.
Another idea is that you can change the weighting of different pathes[2]. But this is only working if you find something which is unique in comparison to other path/context or names.

best regards
Marvin Mueller

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/photon/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/toolkit/ch04s02s03.html
[2] http://help.eclipse.org/photon/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/tasks/ch03s20s02.html#the-configuration-view-in-the-object-mapping-editor
Previous Topic:new line characters in input text - need help
Next Topic:AUT Server can't connect to client when testexec started from jenkins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:03:31 GMT 2024