Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » "It" says there are JET warnings but doesn't display them!
"It" says there are JET warnings but doesn't display them! [message #1793789] Wed, 15 August 2018 20:46 Go to next message
Bill Sherman is currently offline Bill ShermanFriend
I'm using an old version of Java (it's what the previous developer used) to work with EMF and JET.

Java command line in Ant build:

[java] Executing 'C:\Program Files\RedHat\java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.171-1\jre\bin\java.exe' with arguments:
'-classpath'
'C:\eclipse44\plugins;C:\eclipse44\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar'
'org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main'
'-clean'
'-noupdate'
'-data'
'C:\Bill\BBBY-development\Eclipse\siuser\bc\stubs\temp\posbc_ws2'
'-application'
'org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.Generator'
'C:\Bill\BBBY-development\Eclipse\siuser\bc\stubs\siibmPOSBC.genmodel'

Along with the usual message about the bundle being activated before the state location was initialized:

[java] org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized. Will retry after the state location is initialized.
[java] >>> Generating C:\Bill\BBBY-development\Eclipse\siuser\bc\stubs\siibmPOSBC.genmodel
[java] org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Logback config file: C:\Bill\BBBY-development\Eclipse\siuser\bc\stubs\temp\posbc_ws2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration\logback.1.5.1.20150109-1820.xml
[java] org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Initializing logback
[java] >> Examining project 'posbc'
[java] >> Refreshing '/posbc'.
[java] >> Opening 'posbc'.
[java] >> Refreshing '/posbc'.
[java] >> Generating code
[java] >> Generating packages

I'm also seeing an indication that there are warnings:

[java] >> Create target file
[java] >> JET creating '/.JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/emf/codegen/ecore/templates/model/PackageClass_.java'
[java] >> JET building '.JETEmitters'
[java] >> Invoking 'Java Builder' on '/.JETEmitters'.
[java] >> Reading resource change information for .JETEmitters
[java] >> Preparing to build .JETEmitters
[java] >> Analyzing deltas
[java] >> Analyzing sources
[java] >> Compiling .JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/emf/codegen/ecore/templates/model
[java] >> (Found 44 warnings) Compiling .JETEmitters/src/org/eclipse/emf/codegen/ecore/templates/model
[java] >> (Found 44 warnings) Build done
[java] >> JET loading class 'PackageClass_.class'

in my Ant log file. I have no idea where to view the details of these 44 warnings.

I use this to start the Ant logging:

<record name="${basedir}/build.log" loglevel="verbose" action="start"/>

Thanks,
Bill
Re: "It" says there are JET warnings but doesn't display them! [message #1793801 is a reply to message #1793789] Thu, 16 August 2018 05:04 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't think JDT's compiler will log the warnings themselves. The C:\Bill\BBBY-development\Eclipse\siuser\bc\stubs\temp\posbc_ws2\.JETEmitters project should be created in the file system, so you could look at that. Instead of using Ant, you can also just generate the model in an Eclipse IDE and in the Package Explorer view menu uses Filters... to not eclipse .* resource and then you'll see the .JETEmitters project in the workspace and can inspect the warnings for each file.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:"It" says there are JET warnings but doesn't display them!
Next Topic:NoClassDefFoundError - org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change jar - Maven - Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:48:08 GMT 2024