Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » EMF simple example(Attempting to get a simple emf example to work in Elipse)
EMF simple example [message #1793616] Sat, 11 August 2018 19:54 Go to next message
Don Flinn is currently offline Don FlinnFriend
I am new to EMF and would like to get it working in eclipse. The documentation I read all is about theory but not about how to implement an example. My goal is to convert XML to java source code. I'm not a good eclipse person, previously used Netbeans. But I can create workable java applications in eclipse.

I'm using Photon and have installed the EMF plug-in. I tried the emf example in eclipse and it seems to only have one main in javaUtil.java, but that doesn't lead me anywhere.

If someone could give me a pointer to a simple example or an implementation document to get me started , I would greatly appreciate it.

Don
Re: EMF simple example [message #1793663 is a reply to message #1793616] Mon, 13 August 2018 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

EMF has numerous capabilities. I suggest you follow a tutorial or read parts of the EMF book.

Amongst EMF's many capabilities is an ability to construct an Ecore metamodel from an XSD and then generate Java code from it.

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: EMF simple example [message #1793667 is a reply to message #1793663] Mon, 13 August 2018 16:38 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Open the Help -> Help Contents and search for "Generating an EMF Model using XML Schema".
Previous Topic:[XCore] How to load .xcore programmatically
Next Topic:"It" says there are JET warnings but doesn't display them!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 25 20:33:42 GMT 2018