Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse serach(cmd+f) or finding resource happens in separate new window and hides the current one(eclipse serach(cmd+f) or finding resource happens in separate new window and hides the current one)
eclipse serach(cmd+f) or finding resource happens in separate new window and hides the current one [message #1793335] Sun, 05 August 2018 14:18 Go to next message
Sangeetha PH is currently offline Sangeetha PHFriend
please guide me if have done any setting misconfiguration.
Re: eclipse serach(cmd+f) or finding resource happens in separate new window and hides the current o [message #1793337 is a reply to message #1793335] Sun, 05 August 2018 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

That window should be resizable by you, using the normal window controls.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: eclipse serach(cmd+f) or finding resource happens in separate new window and hides the current o [message #1793344 is a reply to message #1793337] Mon, 06 August 2018 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is not resizable. suppose If i open java code and try to search for specific string It hides the code and once search is done it returns back to the screen.
i have attached the screen shot of this issue. Please have a look.
It is always good to have search tab inside the code.
Re: eclipse serach(cmd+f) or finding resource happens in separate new window and hides the current o [message #1793362 is a reply to message #1793344] Mon, 06 August 2018 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Sounds like you've "maximized" it, and on more recent macOS releases that actually becomes its own full screen. Try
hovering the mouse along the top edge of the screen while the dialog is open and press the maximize button on the
window trim again.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: eclipse serach(cmd+f) or finding resource happens in separate new window and hides the current o [message #1793560 is a reply to message #1793362] Fri, 10 August 2018 06:42 Go to previous message
Hi Nitin,
yeah you are right. It is not the problem with the tool. I am able to resize it and make it available in the same window.
Thank you for the support.
Previous Topic:filedialog requist
Next Topic:Internal implementation of java doc hover view feature in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:45:20 GMT 2024